What is Estrogen dominance?
I am sure you know that we (ladies) have several very important hormones at work in our body.
One of the most important and powerful one are estrogens (Estrone, Estriol & Estradiol). As everything else in our body it must be found in the correct levels in order for us to be in good health. Too much estrogen can be a problem and will cause a myriad of symptoms.
The expression “Estrogen dominance” was first used by Dr Lee in his first book on the Benefits of Natural Progesterone. It describes a condition where we have either an excess of estrogen in the body or there is an inadequate supply of progesterone to balance its effects..
Even a woman with low estrogen levels can have estrogen dominance symptoms if she doesn’t ‘t have enough or no progesterone.
Hormones must be balanced for us to live healthy lives.
Want to learn more about Progestone Therapy? => click here and Grab your Free Videos Series with the Expert
What do they do?
- They are chemical messengers released by a cell or a gland in one part of the body that sends out messages that affect cells in other parts of the organism.
- A small amount of hormone can alter cell metabolism.
- Cells respond to a hormone when they have a specific receptor for that hormone. The hormone binds to that receptor and it activates the mechanism that allows the cell to give the specific response it is meant to give.
When your doctor prescribes you bio identical estrogen, he also needs to prescribe you natural (or bioidentical progesterone because it will counteract the negative effects of estrogen. Without natural bio identical progesterone, you will find yourself suffering from estrogen dominance negative symptoms.
You don’t really want that!!!!
What causes estrogen dominance ?
1) Synthetic hormone found in the pill or HRT (replacement therapy). Why? Because it uses high doses of estrogen and progestins. Progestins or Progestogens are not bioidentical progesterone. Its molecular structure has been altered and it is no longer just as our body makes it.
2) Pre menopause: early onset of pre menopause causes early follicle dysfunction resulting in a lack of natural progesterone production, and therefore a loss of ovulation.
3) Exposure to xeno estrogens caused by environmental pollution. Exposure to pesticide, to industrial toxins. They have an estrogen like effect: They attach themselves to the estrogen receptors of the cell (see in the beginning what is a receptor) and they mimic the action of estrogen. This results in estrogen dominance symptoms!!
4) Birth control pills : They stop natural hormone production and contain excessive estrogen.
In the Long Term Estrogen dominance, is a major health risk for women.
The risks are greater as a woman grows older and reaches menopause.
- Uterine Fibroids
- Breast cancer
- Uterine cancer
- Fibrocystic breast
- Ovarian cancer
- Pre-menopausal bone loss
- Osteoporosis in menopausal women
If Estrogen is not opposed by the action of Progesterone in the body
it can cause Other estrogen dominance symptoms such as:
- Acceleration of aging
- Autoimmune disorders
- Breast tenderness
- Decreased libido (low sex drive)
- Fibrocystic breasts
- Blood clotting which increases the risks of stroke
- Thyroid dysfunction
- Bloating, water retention
Nobody in their right mind would accept to live with these symptoms or even worse with these diseases.
At the time of menopause these symptoms increase leading sometimes to serious health issues.
Menopause is a “difficult time” where you are at a greater health risk.
It’s better to get your hormone levels checked regularly and use bio identical hormones to achieve balance.
If You want a healthy menopause!
- Sleep enough
- Eat healthy
- Do regular Physical Activities
- And…..BALANCE YOUR HORMONES NATURALLY
by using NATURAL PROGESTERONE CREAM