Does a Woman Need Progesterone after an Hysterectomy?
The alarming issue is that a lot of M.D.s say “No” to progesterone to women who just had a hysterectomy since they no longer have a uterus and even claim that it can be a source of cancer. With or without a uterus and ovaries, a woman still needs to supplement progesterone.
As it frequently happens, the M.D.s, who give that response, are confused about the difference between the synthetic progestins such as Provera, and bioidentical (natural) progesterone such as Natpro progesterone cream. They believe that they are the same thing, which they are NOT! In short, progestins/progestogens can contribute to breast cancer, strokes, heart attacks, backaches, mood swings, and much more.
Progesterone does NOT create those unwanted side-effects. Natural Progesterone molecule is identical to the hormone made by your body. Hence, they are bio-identical. Using progesterone cream after hysterectomy protects women from unwanted complications.
Progestins don’t exist in nature and have been created in a laboratory. It confuses the body and create myriads of undesired side effects.
If progesterone and progestins were the same, the progesterone levels in a blood test would increase when taking progestins? If it were the same progestins would be used in fertility treatments? However it is never the case as progestins cause birth defects, yet progesterone is the major hormone in pregnancy.
What most people are getting wrong on Estrogen Dominance => click here and Grab your Free Videos Series with the Expert
To understand why doctors are confused about progesterone and progestins, here’s a very short history of HRT in the U.S., starting in the mid-1960s:
- Estrogen is given to menopausal women as an anti-aging remedy.
- Thousands of women die of uterine cancer as a result of taking estrogen.
- Researchers figure out that estrogen needs to be “opposed” by progesterone. But progesterone is a bioidentical hormone that can’t be patented. A similar progesterone molecule called progestins is created. It is very potent and has some, but not all of the properties of progesterone. All the progestins created have negative, and even dangerous side effects that are non-existent for progesterone.
- Clever drug companies educate myriads of doctors who to this day are confused and do not understand the difference between progestins and progesterone. Women reaching menopause are once again influenced by the pharmaceutical industry and their doctors that new drugs of estrogens and progestin combined will guard them against uterine cancer and keep them forever young.
- Many women feel terrible about the progestins’ side effects and stop taking it! They are then advised by their doctor “If you don’t have a uterus to protect, you can take estrogen alone.”
- Millions of women have hysterectomies and now take estrogen without the progestins.
- The Women’s Health Initiative Study shows that conventional HRT (estrogen and progestin) increases women’s risk of breast cancer, heart disease, gallbladder disease, and strokes. Millions of women go off of their HRT.
- Now the doctors, still confused as ever, tell women that they don’t need progesterone if they don’t have a uterus and that the progesterone causes cancer.
- Do you see how Doctors are confused because it is no longer their endocrinology textbooks but drug companies that are educating them? It is shocking to see how profit rules and confusion reigns.
After a hysterectomy women on conventional HRT have an increased risk of cancer and strokes, because of the progestins and excessively high doses of estrogen.
Even women are not taking HRT have an increased risk of dying from heart disease, brain disease and bone disease due to the lack of progesterone.
Hormones really do help! However, it helps even more if the hormones are bio identical. Natural Progesterone cream after Hysterectomy protects from cancer.
Two large European studies (see references below) shows that women with or without a hysterectomy who use bioidentical hormones (e.g. estradiol and progesterone) have NO increased risk of any disease.
Want to learn more about Progesterone Therapy? => Grab your Free Videos Series with the Expert